Maternal and Child Health
The Maternal and Child Health Service is a free service available to all families with children from birth to school entry age. This service provides information, support, health promotion, the early identification of health concerns and referrals to appropriate service providers.
Services in our Shire are available by appointment each month only at the following times and locations:
- Barnawartha: 1st, 3rd and 5th Tuesday, 0439 805 561
- Beechworth: Monday and Wednesday, 03 5728 8059 or 0428 103 370
- Chiltern: 2nd and 4th Tuesday 0439 805 561
- Tangambalanga: Thursday, 0400 577 949
- Rutherglen: Monday and Wednesday, 0439 805 561
- Yackandandah: Friday, 0400 577 949
- Enhanced home visits: Tuesday and Wednesday, 0436 425 220
For more information, visit education.vic.gov.au.
COVID19 Alert - 12.59pm June 3rd 2021
1. A COVID screening will take place before visiting one of our clinics.
2. Masks are required to be worn at all times when visiting one of our clinics.
Essential Universal MCH Services
1. Recommencement of face to face Key Age and Stage visits for all infants and children.
2. Additional appointments will be offered through alternative models of service such as telephone and telehealth consultations to support and enhance face-to-face services.