Arts and cultural groups
We are fortunate to be home to a great number of practicing artists, and we are dedicated to supporting a vibrant calendar of cultural events including music, visual art, literature, community creations, film and public art.
From theatre groups to art groups, we embrace and nurture the artistic and cultural needs of our community.
Our Creative Indigo 2023-2027 strategy sets out a vision for our community and includes an action plan which outlines Council's focus and priority areas.
Our Community Creative Communities team is always on hand to provide advice and support to our many volunteer art groups, including assistance in applying for local, state or national funding grants.
There are a number of grants available to community groups at different times of the year.
Some useful websites for grant opportunities include:
- Creative Victoria which aims to ensure that all Victorians have opportunities to enjoy, participate in and benefit from a rich arts and cultural environment
- Regional Arts Victoria who manage the Australian Government’s Regional Arts Fund program in Victoria which supports sustainable cultural development in regional and remote Australia.
Our arts and cultural groups:
- Beechworth Arts Council
- Beechworth Theatre Company
- Beechworth Bellringers
- Beechworth Celtic Festival
- Burke Museum Beechworth
- Friends of the Burke Museum
- Beechworth Concert Band
- Beechworth Singers
- Mayday Hills Art Society
- Stanley Athenaeum
- Chiltern Lions Amateur Players (CLAP)
- Chiltern Singers
- Chiltern Athenaeum and Museum
- Elvery Fine Art Gallery
- Arts Rutherglen
- Rutherglen and District Artists Society Inc.
- Rutherglen Historical Society
- The Common School Museum
- Arts Yackandandah
- Yackandandah Old Time Dance Group
- Yackandandah Theatre Group
- Yackandandah Folk Festival
- Yackandandah Museum and Historical Society
- Kergunyah Hall Arts and Cultural Group.
To contact other groups directly, please see the Community Directory and search for their details.