Our staff take pride in presenting public parks and gardens for your enjoyment. Many include historic trees and memorials, as well as beautiful walking tracks or waterways including Lake King and Lake Sambell.
Below is a list of the major parks and gardens in our Shire:
- Memorial Park, Barnawartha – war memorial and seating
- Morley Drive Playground Reserve, Wahgunyah - playground
- Memorial Park, Rutherglen - war memorial, majestic trees and rotunda.
- Beechworth Public Recreation Reserve
- Gooramadda Public Tourist and Camping Reserve
- Lake Moodemere Reserve
- Stanley Spring Ditch and Wetlands Reserve
- Wahgunyah Willows Reserve
- Kergunyah Streamside Reserve
- Lilliput Public Recreation Reserve
- Upper Sandy Creek Water Recreation Reserve.
You can find more information on the management of trees and the Significant Tree register on the 'Street trees' page.
To contact a particular Committee of Management directly, please see the Community Directory and search for their details.