The Community Working Group is meeting every three months to progress actions from the plan.
The following was covered at its meeting in late April:
- Pedestrian Focus On Main Street: Infographic to be developed to show how various council projects prioritise this action. Rail Trail enhancement budget also discussed. RRV correspondence that the business survey regarding main street improvements was well received – RRV will be in contact to discuss further engagement. Land availability for parking was also discussed.
- Improve signage, communication and wayfinding: Grant funding required for this possibility via RDV, Council to follow up regarding eligibility for a connectively plan application.
- Best Location for Dog Park: Discussion regarding off leash zone on the Rutherglen Park Committee parcel, interest in investigating a fenced dog park here also. Further investigation of current off-leash zones in Rutherglen required.
- Events: ongoing through council grant streams for minor events, larger event curation requires more planning and programming and external grant funding.
- Rutherglen Skate Park: Update that this is yet to go to tender, engagement with young people undertaken at a recent event and engagement with the Bowls club also happened re: designs and plans.
- Barkly Park: Change room redevelopment awaiting signed contract post budget, update provided re: master planning and the recent appointment of a consultant through SRV funding, 22/05 election for committee to take place.
- Master Planning for Showgrounds: Discussion re: Rutherglen Park Committee and need to increase Council connection with this committee. Ongoing discussions and identification of possible LSIF SRV Planning Grants for this project.