The Community Grants Program provides an opportunity for community groups and organisations to seek funds for projects and initiatives that benefit the community at large, when funds are not readily available from other sources.
Funding Available in 2020-2021
A total of $47,500 is available for ‘General’ and ‘Arts and Culture’ projects in 2020-2021. In addition, $2,500 is available for ‘Youth Initiatives’. Successful grants will range from $200 to $4,000.
This year, in lieu of drop-in sessions we will be hosting webinars for each of the funding programs to detail the funding criteria. Please register for a suitable session below:
- Community Grants Webinar #1 - 10:30am, Monday 23 November - Register
- Community Grants Webinar #2 - 6pm, Monday 23 November - Register
Guidelines and Criteria for Funding
The eligibility criteria for Indigo Shire’s Community Grants Program is:
- Applications will be considered only from locally based groups and organisations, or those meeting a demonstrated need within the Shire.
- One application per group.
- Preference will be given to applications for projects where funding is not available from other sources.
- The group or organisation must be non-profit making and open to or accessible by Indigo Shire residents.
- All applicant organisations must either be incorporated, be auspiced by another group or become incorporated as a condition of funding.
- Groups must demonstrate a significant contribution in the form of cash, voluntary service or in kind support. This will require greater flexibility in 2020/21 due to hardship experienced due to bushfires and COVID19.
- The applicant must have appropriate public liability insurance.
- Applications will not be considered within the following categories:
- Groups already in receipt of significant support from Council.
- Programs considered the major responsibility of State or Federal Government.
- Applications by commercial or private organisations.
- Retrospective funding i.e. projects that have already been started or have been completed.
The assessment criteria for Indigo Shire Community Grants Program is:
- The project aligns with Council Plan Priority
- The project aligns with Municipal Public Health & Wellbeing Plan
- The project benefits the local community
In addition, in the 2020/21 grant program only, an additional assessment criteria:
- The organisation has experienced hardship due to bushfires and/or COVID19
Applications - Online Grants Management Portal – SmartyGrants
In 2020/21 we will be using SmartyGrants, an online grants administration system to manage and streamline the application process. It is through the online portal that applications and all supporting documentation will be submitted, processed, and acquitted.
If for any reason you need assistance with submitting online, please contact the Community Development Team on 1300 365 003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you need a paper copy of the application form you can download it below, or collect a copy from Customer Service locations across the Shire.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 13th December 2020
Please note: For more information on Council's two event grant programs, Tourism and Community please visit the events section.