Pay a bill

You can make a range of payments online using our secure online services.

If you need to make multiple payments at once, you can complete the process for each payment and submit them all together as one payment for processing.

Please note we only accept Visa and Mastercard for online payments. 

If you need to pay an infringement notice, please call us on 1300 365 003

If you would prefer to pay your bill in person or over the phone, our customer service centres accept payment via EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, cash or cheque.

Types of online payments

Rates Notice Payments

To pay your rates online you will need the reference number that is included on your rates notice.


Other ways you can pay your rates can be found on your annual rates and charges notice and include: 

  • BPAY: Contact your financial institution to make this payment from your cheque, savings, debit card, credit card or transaction account using the Biller Code of 397703 and reference number that appears on your notice.
  • Direct Debit: Set up automatic fortnightly, monthly or quarterly payments. Download the paper form here(PDF, 513KB). Alternatively, you can complete the form online here (BSB & Account number only. For credit card direct debits, please use the paper form)
  • Australia Post Billpay: Pay in person at any Post Office with EFTPOS, credit card, cash or cheque.
  • Credit card & Online: Payments can be made via the Commonwealth Bank’s BPOINT portal at using the Biller Code of 1867 and reference number that appears on your notice.
  • Post: Send back the bottom section of your rates notice along with a cheque made out to Indigo Shire Council: PO Box 28, Beechworth VIC 3747
  • Phone: Phone us on 1300 365 003 or 03 5728 8000 to pay your rates notice with Visa or Mastercard.
  • Payments debited from your Centrelink payment: Centrepay is a free direct bill paying service available to ratepayers who receive a Centrelink payment. You can arrange to have deductions made via Centrelink to Indigo Shire Council to pay your rates. Please contact uson 1300 365 003 or 03 5728 8000 for further information or visit

The personal information requested on this form is being collected by Indigo Shire Council for the payment of rates or animal registration renewal. The personal information will be used solely by Council for this purpose.

For further information regarding privacy, please see our Privacy Policy

Receive your rates by email

To receive your rates notice by email, please complete form below

Sign up to receive rates by email

For more information on rates, including payment assistance and how to update your details, please visit our Rates and Payments page.


Animal Registrations and Renewal Payments

To register your pet, you will need its microchip number.

To pay your pet registration renewal fee online you will need the animal reference number found on your pet registration renewal notice.

Register your pet

Renew your pet registration

To find out more about pet registration, including information on how to update your pet registration details and to receive your registration reminder electronically, visit our register your pet page.

Permit Applications and Payments

Local Laws

Local Laws are set by Council to regulate a wide range of local issues and are designed to respond to the needs of residents and help improve the liveability and amenity of the Shire.

Our Local Laws cover such areas as:

  • Protecting residential amenities
  • Camping and temporary dwellings
  • Burning off
  • Control of livestock
  • Consumption of alcohol on roads/footpaths
  • Keeping of animals
  • Street selling and collections
  • Street furniture and advertising signs
  • Behaviour in municipal places

Apply and pay for a local law permit

Building permits

There are a number of relevant permits and paperwork that must be completed to ensure your building application is processed as quickly as possible. 

Apply and pay for building permits

Stormwater and works within a road reserve permits

If you need to apply for a legal point of discharge (stormwater) connection or to work within a road reserve, please click below.

Apply and pay for stormwater or works within a road reserve permits

Swimming pools and spas 

Any pool or spa requires a building permit and this applies to above ground, blow up, and those with a lockable lid.

Find information on how to register your pool or spa, the new pool and spa regulations and the steps and permits you need to meet these new regulations by clicking the button below.

Apply and pay for pool and spa registrations, barrier inspections and compliance certificates

Section 30 - Lodgement of Documents

Private building surveyors can use this page to upload documents and make payment under Section 30 of the Victorian Building Act 1993.

Lodge and pay for building permit documents under Section 30 of the Building Act 1993