Council Funding Programs
The Indigo Tourism Events Grant and Community Events Grant Programs are now closed.
Tourism Events Grant
Previously called the Indigo Economic Development Festival an Events Grant, the Tourism Events Grant aims to support event organisers to host events that will increase visitation to Indigo Shires destinations. The grant program has two streams, funding and logistics support, applicants may apply for one or both streams.
Objectives of the program:
The panel will recommend distribution of Indigo Shire Council’s annual discretionary tourism events grant.
The objective of this allocated funding is to maximise economic outcomes for Indigo Shire through the attraction and support of new and innovative events.
This will be achieved by supporting events that;
- Grow the visitor economy through any of the following:
- Increasing overnight stays;
- Increasing midweek visitation;
- Increasing off-peak visitation;
- Attract new audiences to Indigo Shire through any of the following:
- Developing an event that shows significant innovation from events that have been delivered in Indigo Shire before.
- Developing a new experience within an existing event to attract a new audience.
Adding an element of creative appeal that has the potential to build the Indigo Shire brand through social and traditional media take up.
Successful Applications 2020/2021
- National Busking Championships $4,500
- Celtic Festival $4,000
- Shifty Fifty and G50 $6,000
- Vic Cyclo Cross $5,000
- Swings and Roundabouts $5,000
- Gaol House Rock $4,000
- Artwalks $1,5000
Funding Guidelines 2020-2021
Community Events Grant - Now closed
The objective of the Community Events Grants is to support community groups to ensure all residents are engaged in their community and have access to a range of recreational, social and cultural activities and events.
Funding available in 2020-2021
A total of $15,000 is available for Community Events in 2020-2021. Successful grants will range from $200 to $2,000.
Other Funding Opportunities
Other organisations have various funding programs available, these vary on the type of event and exact project you need funding for.
Support in applying for funding
Council can support your efforts in applying for event funding by writing letters of support and guidance on the project.
Please consider our Sponsorship and Grants Guide(PDF, 515KB) and contact the Tourism Development team to discuss your project by completing the below form.