My Aged Care
My Aged Care is the starting point to access all Australian Government funded services, including home support and property maintenance.
My Aged Care is not only for those people who are thinking about entering into residential aged care, it is for all people over the age of 65 who would like extra support.
There are different services to help you manage your day-to-day activities. Depending on your needs, you may be eligible for:
- Transport to appointments and activities.
- Domestic help, for example house cleaning and washing clothes.
- Personal care, like help with showering or dressing.
- Home maintenance, such as changing light bulbs and help with gardening.
- Home modifications.
- Mobility aids and equipment.
- Meals, food preparation, nutrition advice, cooking skills.
- Nursing, for help with managing medication.
- Allied health, such as podiatry, physiotherapy, occupational therapy.
- Social support like accompanied activities, group excursions.
How to access My Aged Care
The first step to getting support is getting connected. You can call 1800 200 422 to find out about your options.
My Aged Care will help you find out about thing such as:
- The types of aged care services available
- Your eligibility for services
- Service providers in your area
- Costs you may need to pay
If you are concerned about calling My Aged Care or about having to create an account online, you can also speak to your General Practitioner who can support you to get connected.