Why work with us?
Here at Indigo Shire Council, we have a strong commitment to creating a working environment that is collaborative, and encourages opportunities for growth and development.
Some of the benefit’s for working with us include:
- A supportive workplace culture – A commitment to our Corporate values of honesty and integrity, respect, and professionalism and teamwork.
- Flexible working arrangements – We recognise that flexible working arrangements can assist employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance. Flexible working arrangements offered to our staff include; starting and finishing times, part time hours, working from home and time in lieu.
- Employee Assistance Program - A free confidential offsite counselling program is available for employees and their immediate family members (living in the employee's household) to use at any time during or outside work hours. EAP provides an agreed number of sessions to assist staff on a personal and professional level.
- Parental Leave - Permanent full time or part time employees are entitled to generous parental leave provisions including primary, secondary and grandparent leave.
- Social Club Membership - The Social Club aims to improve employee morale and create an opportunity for staff to interact with each other. For a small fee, payable by fortnightly payroll deduction, employees can join the Indigo Shire Council social club and enjoy access to a wide range of social and recreational activities and discounts.
- Picturesque locations – with offices in Beechworth, Yackandandah, Rutherglen and Chiltern, Indigo Shire Council showcases Australia’s most significant collection of historic towns in the beautiful North East of Victoria.
View current vacancies here.