Indigo Shire Council has subscribed to the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) to generate listings for our four destination websites. In doing this we are allowing our industry to create one single listing that is available for over a million users per year.
Your listing will appear on:
The Digital Excellence Partnership had been developed to grow operator digital skills, increase content for our websites and therefore grow our visitor numbers.
Since launching this three year program in 2018 we have grown from 100 business listings on our websites to over 300.
By joining the Digital Excellence Partnership you will receive:
- A 100% subsidised ATDW operator listing – valued at $295
- Assistance with creating and updating you tourism listing on ATDW
- Promotional opportunities via Visitor Information Centre
- Access to marketing campaigns and PR opportunities, such as the “Festival of Short Walks”
- Monthly Visitor Economy Update emails
- Invitation to networking events
- Access to workshops
- Website and social analytics (For Indigo Shire owned sites)
To get started complete the below form, a member of the Tourism team will then be in touch with a coupon code which will give you a free ATDW listing.
Follow our socials
Google My Business
Google My business is a free tool that allows your business to appear on Google Search and Maps as well as receive customer reviews. Google My Business links into your analytics which will trace where and how people are searching for you. For further information including images, utilise this blogpost.
- Log in or create a Google account associated with your business.
- Go to google.com/business and click “Manage now”
- Enter your business name and address
- If you deliver to or pick up your customers check the “I deliver goods and services to my customers” box.
- Choose your business category
- Add a phone number and/or website
- Choose your verification option
- Choose our verification option, in Australia mail is the fastest.
- Confirm the business address
- Click “Mail”
- This postcard could take anywhere from 5 days to 4 weeks to arrive, you can edit some information on your listing at this time and are eligible for the Digital Excellence Partnership.
- Postcard arrives
- Log into your account, select “Verify” and enter the five digit verification code on the postcard. Click “Submit”
If after one month your postcard has not arrived or you have misplaced it, log into your account and click “Request another code”
Google My Business App
Of course there is an app, available for iOS and Android you can update your listing, post pictures and check reviews.
Please note: There are some overseas companies that trace new Google My Business listings and will attempt to sell you marketing support. Do not respond to these requests, if you are unsure contact us to confirm validity.
Option One – Claim Your Business
First step is to ensure that a listing hasn’t already been made by a customer leaving a review.
- Go to www.tripadvisor.com/Owners
- Type you business name in the box
- If it appears, select the business and click “Claim Your Business”
- If it does not appear you can request a listing.
Option Two – Request a listing
- Click “Get Listed Now” in the search box.
- Compete the request form with as much information as possible and select submit.
- TripAdvisor will then create a listing and advise you when complete, usually about 5 business days.
Note: TripAdvisor has a number of paid options available that will bring your listing to the top of search results and show your best reviews. I you’re curious about this as a marketing option please contact the Tourism Team to discuss your options. firstname.lastname@example.org