Previously called the Indigo Economic Development and Tourism Advisory Committee (IEDTAC) Festival and Events Grant, the Tourism Events Grant aims to support event organisers to host events that will increase visitation to Indigo Shire destinations. The grant program has two streams, funding and logistics support, applicants may apply for one or both streams.
Funding available in 2021/2022
A total of $30,000 is available in funding support with applicants able to apply for up to $6,000. An additional $35,000 is available in logistics support with no limit.
Objectives of the program:
The panel will recommend distribution of Indigo Shire Council’s annual discretionary tourism events grant to Council.
The objective of this allocated funding is to maximise economic outcomes for Indigo Shire through the attraction and support of new and innovative events.
This will be achieved by supporting events that;
- Grow the visitor economy through any of the following:
- Increasing overnight stays
- Increasing midweek visitation
- Increasing off-peak visitation
- Attract new audiences to Indigo Shire through any of the following:
- Developing an event that shows significant innovation from events that have been delivered in Indigo Shire before
- Developing a new experience within an existing event to attract a new audience
- Adding an element of creative appeal that has the potential to build the Indigo Shire brand through social and traditional media take up
Funding Guidelines 2021/2022
Applications for this grant are now closed
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their submission following the September Council meeting.
For more information, please contact the Tourism Development Team on 1300 365 003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other organisations have various funding programs available, these vary on the type of event and exact project you need funding for.
Council can support your efforts in applying for event funding by writing letters of support and guidance on the project.
Please consider our Sponsorship and Grants Guide(PDF, 515KB) and contact the Tourism Development team to discuss your project by completing the below form.