Succesful applicants 2021/2022
- The GOAT - $6,000
- Shifty Fifty/G50 - $6,000
- Drag’d Out - $6,000
- Winterwords 2021 - $6,000
- Mountain Grass Music Festival - $2,500
- BMF Iso Breaker - $2,500
- Winter Festival Chiltern - $1,000
Objectives of the program:
The panel will recommend distribution of Indigo Shire Council’s annual discretionary tourism events grant to Council.
The objective of this allocated funding is to maximise economic outcomes for Indigo Shire through the attraction and support of new and innovative events.
This will be achieved by supporting events that;
- Grow the visitor economy through any of the following:
- Increasing overnight stays
- Increasing midweek visitation
- Increasing off-peak visitation
- Attract new audiences to Indigo Shire through any of the following:
- Developing an event that shows significant innovation from events that have been delivered in Indigo Shire before
- Developing a new experience within an existing event to attract a new audience
- Adding an element of creative appeal that has the potential to build the Indigo Shire brand through social and traditional media take up
Funding Guidelines 2021/2022
Tourism Events Grant Program opens each year in July. For more information, please contact the Tourism Development Team on 1300 365 003 or email email@example.com.
Other organisations have various funding programs available, these vary on the type of event and exact project you need funding for.
Council can support your efforts in applying for event funding by writing letters of support and guidance on the project.
Please consider our Sponsorship and Grants Guide(PDF, 515KB) and contact the Tourism Development team to discuss your project by completing the below form.