Weeds and pest animals


Weeds and pests

View Council's roadside weed & pests program control plan here(PDF, 3MB)

On Council land

Council is responsible for controlling weeds and pest animals on council property including council managed roadsides. We have an annual roadside weed control program undertaken by external contractors. Landcare groups are consulted on the priority roads to include in the program each year. If you see a potential weed or pest infestation on Council land let us know.

On your property

Land owners are responsible for controlling weeds and pest animals on their own property. Visit Agriculture Victoria for more information.


If you have a complaint about a weed or pest animal on a neighbouring property, we advise you speak to your neighbour about your concerns. If it can't be resolved, you can escalate your concern to Agriculture Victoria.


RabbitScan is a free resource for landholders and the community to record and map rabbit activity, warrens, damage, and control activities in their local area. RabbitScan can also be used to record rabbit numbers and evidence of disease. You can access RabbitScan here or download the app. It is quick and easy and helps gather data on the amount and locations of rabbits.