The goal of this program is to build a more inclusive community so that disability is no longer a barrier to participation in community life. The focus is on working in partnership with the community, service providers, people with disabilities, their carers and friends to increase the opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in community life.
The Rural Access worker promotes the inclusion of people with disabilities, through such things as:
- Improving community understanding about the needs and barriers of people with disabilities in their community
- Developing and implementing projects that respond to needs and priorities
- Ensuring that the needs of people with disabilities are included in community planning
- Developing easier ways for people to access information they need about services, community activities and issues.
The program is a partnership between Indigo Shire Council, Towong Shire Council and Wodonga Council.
The Rural Access worker is located at our Yackandandah office and can be contacted on 1300 365 003.
Local councils administer this scheme in Victoria. There are two categories for different levels of disability:
- Category 1: Blue and White label - is entitled to park a vehicle in a bay reserved for disabled motorists only
- Category 2: Green and White label - may park a vehicle in an ordinary parking area for twice the specific time and is not entitled to park in the reserved bay for a disabled motorist.
To apply for a permit you will need to complete the application form prior to forwarding it to your doctor.
For further information or if you would like an application form posted out to you please contact us at email@example.com.