The Indigo FReeZA program is an engaging, inspiring and inclusive program that works with local young people to facilitate music and cultural events for our Shire’s young people each year.
We organise, promote and support opportunities that empower young people to develop the confidence and skill sets to participate, create, organise and lead inspiring creative events.
All events are drug, alcohol and tobacco-free and fully supervised.
FReeZA events are curated throughout the year by young people from across Indigo Shire.
2022 events have included and will include:
- Under the Pines Music Fest on 19 February.
- Transport and tickets to All Ages Wodonga on 27 March.
- Busking workshop with Leisha Jungalwalla 21 April 21.
- School holidays scooter and skateboard workshops in April.
- IDAHOBIT celebrations in Rutherglen on 20 May.
- Rock School sponsorship for two students during school term 2.
- North East Pride Collective partners delivering the Rainball Ball in Benalla on 25 June 25.
- Spoke Festival FReeZa stage 3 September.
- The North East Skate Park Series (NESPs), held in Rutherglen and Beechworth on 3 September and 29 October respectively.
- Youth hangouts in Chiltern, Barnawartha, Rutherglen and Tangambalanga in October and November.
- Event management and jamming workshop by This Way North in Yackandandah scheduled on November.
- LGBTIQA+ Umbrella Academy Colour Fun Run scheduled on November.
- Drag'd Out Festival Youth Disco scheduled on 18 November.
Futhermore, we are supporting Rural City of Wangaratta's FReeZa "Battle of Bands" and Towong Shire's FReeZa "Evolve Fest" on 16 October 16 and 11 November by organising transport to Young Performers from Indigo Shire who want to participate in these events.
If you are a musician or an artist or would like to be involved in creating events, learning event management skills or have any ideas that you would like to implement, please contact our Youth Officer at email@example.com or text/call 0427 037 594.