IEDTAC Festival and Events Grant
During August, the IEDTAC Festival and Events Grant were announced, with eleven events receiving financial sponsorship, and 27 events receiving logistics support through the grant.
The events that received financial sponsorship were;
- A Weekend With… at Mt Ophir
- Beechworth Celtic Festival
- Beechworth Music Festival
- Beechworth Spring Arts Festival
- Beechworth Eat Asian Food Festival
- Beechworth Vignerons Spring Tasting
- Chiltern Art Prize
- High Country Hops Festival
- Kiewa Valley Camp Oven Cook Off
- Love & Light Wedding Festival
- Victorian Mountain Bike Championship Series
The events that were successful in receiving funding were those that clearly demonstrated;
Their capacity to grow the visitor economy through:
- Increasing overnight stays;
- Increasing midweek visitation;
- Increasing off-peak visitation.
Their events ability to attract new audiences to Indigo Shire through:
- Developing an event that shows significant innovation from events that have been previously delivered;
- Developing a new experience within its existing event to attract a new audience to a previously held event;
- Adding an element of creative appeal that has the potential to build the Indigo Shire brand through social and traditional media take up.
Beechworth Celtic Festival Funding Win
Well done to the Beechworth Celtic Festival who were also successful this year in receiving $2,000 funding through the Multicultural Festival and Events Program for this year’s event. The Program supports events that celebrant and embrace Victoria’s vibrant multicultural diversity. With the Celtic Festival celebrating the Celtic roots of many of the regions early settlers, the festival is a great example of an event that is celebrating and sharing traditions to a wider audience. Congratulations to the committee.
Regional Events Fund Round 6 Now Open
Round 6 of the Regional Events Fund is currently open.
The fund is highly competitive and only events that satisfy the objectives below are eligible to apply.
- Increase economic benefits by driving visitation from outside of the region and the state and extending length of stay and yield.
- Showcase Victoria’s key regional tourism strengths and build Victoria’s reputation as an events destination.
- Develop a sustainable calendar of regional events.
- Support Victoria’s visitor economy through economic benefits and branding opportunities.
If you have an event that you believe is eligible, you must discuss your event proposal with Tourism North East before submitting an Expression of interest. Expressions of Interest close 14 December 2018.
All Event Organisers Required to List Events with the Regional Emergency Services
All event organisers have a responsibility to ensure that the regional emergency services are aware of your event. The avenue for notifying Regional Emergency Services is through an ATDW listing. Each week the ATDW list is sent to the regional emergency services so that they are aware of the huge number of events happening across the region. Particularly during the bushfire danger period, this notification is incredibly important for all events.
Listing your event on the ATDW supplies vital information to the Emergency Services enabling a potentially faster and more effective response. This is a requirement for ALL EVENTS in Indigo Shire. Listing on the ATDW is free for events. If you need assistance creating a listing, or uploading a suitable image, contact the Tourism Team.
Festival and Event Management Masterclass Melbourne 2018
Paul Gudgin is delivering his Festival and Event Management Masterclass in December in Melbourne. The Masterclass is an intensive 2 day programme to inform and inspire anyone involved in creating, managing and developing festivals and events. It is a highly practical course full of ideas and examples that participants can put into practice immediately to improve their events. It features sessions on key tasks and challenges for those involved in festivals both large and small including Marketing, Press, Programming, Evaluation, Sponsorship and Fundraising.
You can find more information here, and if you are interested in attending, contact us for a promotional code for 20% off your ticket.