The Indigo Economic Development and Tourism Advisory Committee (IEDTAC) is a joint initiative between Indigo Shire Council and industry. Its role is to provide a co-ordinated regional focus for economic development, marketing and tourism development and to advise Council on strategic economic development and tourism direction.
IEDTAC acts as the central body for all organisations and individuals involved and interested in economic development and tourism, and it provides a unified approach to economic and tourism development, planning and marketing on behalf of industry, the community and us.
IEDTAC Terms of Reference(PDF, 270KB)
The committee's structure acknowledges the close working relationship between Council and industry.
IEDTAC is made up of the following members:
- Beechworth Chamber of Commerce representative
- Chiltern Tourism Association representative
- Destination Rutherglen representative
- Yackandandah Chamber of Commerce representative
- Three skills-based representatives with tourism portfolios:
- Brian Millar
- Darryn Arnold
- Christine French.
- Three skills-based representatives with economic development portfolios:
- Nerida Kerr (Chair)
- Simon de Garis.
- Two Indigo Shire Councillors:
- Cr Larry Goldsworthy
- Cr Diane Shepheard.
- Indigo Shire Manager Tourism, Susannah Doyle
- Indigo Shire Economic Development Officer, Karen Gardner.
The objectives of the IEDTAC are:
- To provide strategic direction to our shire’s economic development and tourism initiatives and programs
- To work co-operatively with local, regional and state tourist organisations
- To identify new festivals and events in our shire, support existing festivals and events, and make a recommendation to Council on the distribution of Council's festivals and events grants
- To provide input on special projects where directed by Council
- To act as a two-way communication vehicle between Council and local business and tourism associations.
The 2018 meetings will occur on the second Wednesday of every second month, starting at 9.30am.
The minutes of all IEDTAC meetings are included in the agenda of the following Council meeting.
Please note: Meeting times/places can change without notice on this website. To confirm times and locations, please contact Customer Service on 1300 365 003 or email email@example.com.