Tourism Events Grant Evaluation Panel
We're currently calling for community members to join the Indigo Tourism Events Grant Evaluation Panel.
The Tourism Events Grant program is held each year to provide funding to tourism events held in Indigo Shire that align with the funding guidelines.
Previously known as the Indigo Economic Development & Tourism Advisory Committee Festival and Events Grant Program, the new grant program requires panel members to evaluate the applications received and make a recommendation to Council on funding allocations.
Annually panel members will be required to read and evaluate all applications received against set criteria. Panel members will then attend an evaluation meeting where a recommendation to Council will be formed. Council will review the recommendation and allocate the funding.
The panel will comprise of:
- Three Council Officers
- Manager Tourism
- Tourism Development Officer
- Economic Development Officer
- One industry professional from each
- Tourism North East
- Murray Arts
- Two community members selected against selection criteria (three already selected).
Community members with the suitable skillset are invited to apply for the two positions. Members who are successful in this role will be required to:
- Read and evaluate applications based on set criteria
- Provide scores and comments for each application
- Attend one meeting per year to discuss the panel’s evaluation and determine a recommendation for Council.
- Submit scores and comments to Council’s Tourism Development Officer, following this meeting, which will be provided to the applicant as feedback.
The role of a panel member requires approximately five hours of your time, internet connection and is a voluntary role.
It is also recommended that panel members read the Destination Game Changer Tourism Strategy 2018-2023 prior to evaluating applications. Applicants will be assessed and suitable applicants recommended to Council for appointment.