Reimagine Indigo: Tourism Event Management Workshop
Tuesday 13 July, 9.30am to 5pm – Tuileries, De Bortoli Rutherglen
Are you an event organiser wanting to grow your event? Learn how and be inspired to think BOLD in this full-day, facilitated workshop.
Tourism event organisers operating in Indigo Shire are invited to attend this free, facilitated workshop designed to re-inspire and help reimagine events while navigating an ever changing COVID landscape.
With over 25 years’ experience in the events and communications industry, guest speaker Georgie Stayches of Fetching Events & Communications will deliver an engaging programme and discussion around impact of COVID on the events industry and the exposure required for an event to be amazing.
Spaces for this workshop are limited to one person per tourism event.
The workshop will include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea for attendants.
About the facilitator – Georgie Stayches
With over twenty years’ experience in the events and communications industry including major international events, the private sector, government and not-for-profit, Fetching Events and Communication's founder Georgie Stayches made a conscious career decision to focus on the community sector.
We are committed to working with community minded organisations that we believe in and are passionate about and that integrate with our brand values of Excellence, Success, Compassion and Spirit.
Combining our international event experience in media with our communications knowledge and skills, Fetching Events and Communications provides a fully integrated events, volunteer management and communications service.
Contact Hollie Barclay, Tourism Development Officer – Events via email.
9.30am - Welcome & Overview
9.45am - The History
Study historical health crises and how they have impacted events
- The legacies and how they have changed our lives
- What they mean for events
- How to incorporate learnings into your events
10.30am - Event Trends
Highlight the top ten event trends
- Detail the trends and how events can leverage them
11am - Morning Tea break
11.15am - The Mood
Understand consumer sentiment and how that will impact event attendance and behaviour
- What the research says
- How that applies to your event and how to factor it into your planning
- Understand and pre-empt audience behaviours
12noon - The changing of world events
Provide an update on how community events are changing
- Case studies on how events have evolved during and post COVID
- Consumer sentiment regarding attending events and their new priorities
12.45pm - Lunch
1.15pm - Getting back to basics
- Determine event purpose & objective
- Review your format
2pm - Re-imagining
- Group workshop to re-imagine events
2.45pm - Afternoon Tea
3pm - Panel discussion
- Hearing first hand from local event managers who have re-imagined
3.30pm - The Factors
The factors that will impact the new world of events
- What to consider when planning in the new world
- How to be flexible and plan ahead
- How to identify new opportunities and event experiences
4pm - When communication matters the most
We tie all the elements of the re-imagined event together to build a marketing plan
- Tapping into your social media community
- Developing your story
- How to pitch your story to the media
- Getting the best media results
5pm - Finish