No longer on display. Expired on
30 September 2020, 11:59 PM
We are calling for community members to join the Indigo Tourism Events Grant Evaluation Panel.
The Tourism Events Grant program is held each year to provide funding to tourism events held in Indigo Shire that align with the funding guidelines.
Previously known as the Indigo Economic Development & Tourism Advisory Committee Festival and Events Grant Program, the new grant program requires panel members to evaluate the applications received and make a recommendation to Council on funding allocations.
Annually panel members will be required to read and evaluate all applications received against set criteria. Panel members will then attend an evaluation meeting where a recommendation to Council will be formed. Council will review the recommendation and allocate the funding.
The panel will comprise of:
- Three Council Officers
- Manager Tourism
- Tourism Development Officer
- Economic Development Officer
- One industry professional from each
- Tourism North East
- Murray Arts
- Up to five community members selected against selection criteria.
We are now calling for community members with the suitable skillset to apply for the five positions. Members who are successful in this role will be required to:
- Read and evaluate applications based on set criteria
- Provide scores and comments for each application
- Attend one meeting per year to discuss the panel’s evaluation and determine a recommendation for Council.
- Submit scores and comments to Council’s Tourism Development Officer, following this meeting, which will be provided to the applicant as feedback.
The role of a panel member requires approximately 5 hours of your time, internet connection and is a voluntary role.
It is also recommended that panel members read the Destination Game Changer Tourism Strategy 2018-2023(PDF, 3MB) prior to evaluating applications. The opening date of the Tourism Events Grant is usually 1 July however a date has not yet been determined for the 2020/21 program due to COVID-19 restrictions on events.
Applications for panel membership are now open and will close at 5pm on September 30.
Applicants will be assessed and suitable applicants recommended to Council for appointment.
Please complete the below application form, each question will be worth up to five points, with the skills matrix being one point each.