Our Cultural Heritage Advisory Committee is now seeking skilled and motivated persons to join the committee. Dedicated to our cultural heritage, this committee will meet once per quarter to provide advice and recommendation to Council on policy and strategy matters relating to our cultural heritage.
For the purposes of this committee cultural heritage includes tangible and intangible cultural heritage, built and moveable heritage, natural landscapes and cultural heritage tourism.
The committee comprises Council staff, Councillors and skills-based representatives from across the cultural heritage sector. Members are currently being sought for the inaugural committee, with skills and professional experience in the following areas:
- Cultural heritage experience and practice
- Built and physical heritage and practice
- Cultural Heritage Tourism
- Museums – Collections and Curation
The committee also has positions for First Peoples and youth representatives.
Suitably skilled and motivated applicants are encouraged to complete this application form by 5pm, 28th August 2020.
The objectives of the Cultural Heritage Advisory Committee are:
- To provide advice and recommendations to Council on policy and strategic direction pertaining to Cultural Heritage matters.
- To provide advice and make recommendations to Council on shire-wide collections.
- To make recommendations to Council on the activation of the Burke Museum and Historic Precinct.
- To advise and make recommendations to Council on the promotion and conservation of Cultural Heritage assets.
- To advise and make recommendations to Council on benchmark standards of Cultural Heritage practice.
- To advise and make recommendations to Council on strategic projects to advance Cultural Heritage conservation and promotion.
For further information contact Cameron Auty, Projects and Strategy Manager, Cultural Heritage, at Cameron.firstname.lastname@example.org.