Help for young learner drivers
The VicRoads L2P - Learner Driver Mentor Program assists learners under 21 years of age, who do not have access to a supervising driver or vehicle, to gain the driving experience required to apply for a probationary licence.
Young people are matched with fully licensed volunteer mentors and have access to a sponsored vehicle, which they can use to get supervised driving experience.
Get involved as a learner driver
To join the L2P program you need to be:
- Between 16 and 20 years of age
- A current learner's permit holder
- Without access to either a vehicle, a supervising driver or both
Become an L2P mentor
Volunteer mentors are the backbone of the program and we are always on the lookout for more, so contact us if you wish to learn more or become involved as a volunteer mentor.
To become a volunteer mentor you need to:
- Be interested in helping young people
- Be over 21 years of age
- Have a current full Victorian driver's licence
- Be screened by your local L2P program
The program does not substitute professional driving lessons.
For more information, read the Program Guide(PDF, 589KB) or visit the VicRoads website.
L2P Program Guide(PDF, 589KB)