COVID-19 Support Package
We've put together the following packages to support businesses, residents and community groups that may be impacted as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Businesses experiencing financial hardship are encouraged to contact council. Cases will be assessed on individual circumstances with outcomes customised according to the needs of each case.
- No interest will be raised on business rates from 1 July 2020, until 31 December 2020.
- Facilitate and fast track development applications where possible to assist businesses attempting to diversify, adapt or expand.
- Residential ratepayers can enter into a payment arrangement or apply for financial hardship consideration regarding rates under Council’s Financial Hardship Policy. Each case will be assessed on individual circumstances with outcomes customised according to the needs of each case.
- Waiver rent/fees for community and sporting groups for Council owned land/grounds from 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2020.
- A reduction in rent by 50% for tenants of Council owned buildings or facilities from 1 July, 2020 to 31 December 2020.
- Council will continue to lobby the State and Federal Governments (including to the Federal Treasurer) to increase and expedite Federal Assistance Grants to allow local Councils to provide targeted rate relief for residents and businesses.