The health and well-being of the community and our staff are at the forefront of our service delivery. From Monday 3 August all visitors to our libraries will be required to wear a face covering. If you don't have a mask, you will be refused entry.
In line with Victorian Government advice, restrictions on the numbers of visitors, strict hygiene and social distancing rules are in place. This includes limits on public access computers. We thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we all adapt to these new ways of operating.
The Book Valet service including click and collect and home delivery continues to operate and we encourage you to use these services rather than browse the books in the branch.
In-person events, including author talks and children’s story time sessions, remain suspended until further notice.
The following measures are in place:
- Maximum number of visitors in the buildings as per government guidelines. These limits are:
- Beechworth – 10 people
- Yackandandah – 8 people
- Rutherglen - 6 people
- Chiltern - 5
- Hand sanitisation stations for customers and staff
- Procedures to encourage social distancing between staff and visitors
- Instructional signage, line up markings
- 30 minute time limits for use of public access computers
- Public access computers will only be available between the hours of 9am – 3pm
- Tap and Go payments will be accepted – no cash
- If you are in the building for more than 15 minutes you will need to register your details
If you visit the Library, we ask you to:
- Be kind
- Use the returns chutes for books
- BYO and pack your own library bags
- Adhere to social distancing measures
- Stay home if you are unwell
- Keep your visit to under 10 minutes
We thank you for your continued understanding, patience and support as we reopen and resume services.
For further information on COVID-19 and how to best manage your risks, please visit the Department of Health & Human Services website.