Indigo Creek Park Toilets
- Project typeToilet replacement
- Project value$110,000
- Project scheduleComplete
- Completion Date30 September 2020
Indigo Creek toilet block has been demolished and replaced in the same location with a double pan facility comprising;
- 1 unisex wheelchair accessible pan with sink and baby change
- 1 unisex ambulant pan with sink
- External lighting
The existing facility is connected to an underground sewer tank and pump station. Alternate sites were considered, however it determined that moving to a new site was cost prohibitive. The current location allows use of existing infrastructure.
The project scope also included:
- New designated disabled car parking on High Street
- New way-finding signage
- Mobility friendly modified kerb and channel on High Street
- A review of mobility friendly access to the new facilities
Why did we undertake this Project?
The existing Indigo Creek Park toilet facilities were identified as key infrastructure in Barnawartha and have been replaced to meet community standards and expectations around access and mobility.
What has this project delivered for our community?
The new toilet block provides an accessible and modern facility to visitors and our community.