Get Active Indigo grants now open
Published on 24 February 2020
Applications are now open for the 2020 Get Active Indigo Grants Program.
A total of $30,000 is available to fund a range of programs.
The objectives of this program are to:
- Increase participation in physical activity.
- Fund a diverse range of recreation program ideas across the shire.
- Support committees, clubs, community initiatives and recreation service providers to get the community more active.
- Increase awareness via targeted promotion about physical activity opportunities shire-wide.
- Trial local recreation project ideas.
- Help residents think differently about ways to get active.
- Respond to place-based recreation programming needs.
Successful projects last year included:
- Rutherglen Pickle Ball
- Cricket Social Sixes
- Aqua aerobics
- Train the coach programs
For more information and to apply go to www.indigoshire.vic.gov.au/getactiveindigo