Community safety and emergency information
Published on 22 January 2020
This page contains important information for all residents directly and indirectly affected by the January 2020 bushfires.
Relief and Recovery
VicEmergency has updated its website with important information relating to relief and recovery including financial and legal assistance, the clean-up program and mental health support services.
Prepare and get ready
Indigo Shire is in a bushfire prone area and therefore it is critically important to know the risks and to learn what to do before and during a fire.
There is excellent information on the VicEmergency website under the prepare and get ready tab.
Stay alert and informed
Staying alert and informed is your best bet for staying safe. It is essential that you listen to the emergency services through the following channels and have your bushfire survival plan ready to enact.
- Bureau of Meteorology's online weather warnings
- VicEmergency Hotline - freecall 1800 226 226.
- VicEmergency app (Download at App store or Google Play)
- Facebook or Twitter #vicfires
- Local radio: ABC Radio is the National Emergency Broadcaster - make sure you have a battery-operated radio available with a supply of batteries, to stay informed should power be cut.
- You can listen to ABC Radio on the following stations:
• Albury- Wodonga and Wangaratta 106.5FM
• Bright 89.7FM
• Corryong 99.7FM
• Myrtleford 91.7FM
Community information special bulletins
During the fire crisis, we issued daily bulletins to provide our residents with important information and contacts. In the event of a fire in Indigo Shire or in our neighbouring shires, we will again issue these bulletins. You can view all editions below.