2019 Australia Day Awards nominations are now open
Published on 25 October 2018
Indigo Shire Council is calling for nominations from the community for the 2019 Australia Day Awards.
The Australia Day Awards celebrate the outstanding individuals and community organisations and businesses in the region who make extraordinary contributions to society.
Mayor Jenny O’Connor encouraged everyone to have a think about a local person or organisation doing something that makes a big difference to our community.
“Anyone can nominate a friend, family member, community leader or colleague who has made a beneficial contribution to Indigo Shire.”
“Winners over the past years have been from all walks of life and from right across the shire, including community groups, volunteers, local business owners, and young people.”
“Last year’s Citizen of the Year, Peter Croucher, will certainly leave behind big shoes to fill. Peter was awarded for his involvement in and commitment to the towns of Kiewa and Tangambalanga, where he has added greatly to the quality of life of residents over the years,”
“We’re looking forward to seeing the next batch of outstanding Indigo Shire citizens recognised in the 2019 awards,” said Cr O’Connor.
- Indigo Shire Citizen of the Year
- Indigo Shire Young Citizen of the Year
- Indigo Shire Community Organisation of the Year
- Beechworth & District Certificate of Achievement
- Rutherglen & District Certificate of Appreciation
- Chiltern & District Certificate of Appreciation
- Yackandandah & District Certificate of Appreciation
- Barnawartha & District Certificate of Appreciation
- Kiewa-Tangambalanga & District Certificate of Appreciation
- Emma George Junior Sporting Scholarship
The awards are open to individuals who reside within and groups who conduct their activities within Indigo Shire.
Nominations close at 5pm on Monday 12 November 2018. For more information visit www.indigoshire.vic.gov.au/australiaday