We're developing the Yackandandah Place Plan, a document outlining a vision and set of actions for co-designing an even brighter future for Yackandandah.
In May you told us what makes Yackandandah unique and how it could be improved in the future. Now you’re invited to give feedback on the draft vision and actions for the Yackandandah Place Plan.
Round two engagement kicked off on August 1 and is your chance to to identify what’s working, what needs to be improved and if there are any great ideas missing from the vision and actions so far.
Thanks to everyone who visited us at a pop-up or attended the community workshop. For those who couldn't make it to the engagement sessions, take our short survey below to share your ideas.
Yack Place Plan Survey
We'd love to get your feedback on the draft visions and actions for the Yackandandah Place Plan. Take the survey here.
Rail Trail Survey
We want to get your feedback and your ideas on the possible shared Rail Trail path through Yackandandah as part of the Beechworth to Yackandandah Rail Trail. View the route map and take the survey here.
The Beechworth to Yackandandah rail trail will be a world class cycling adventure for cyclists and visitors to the Southern Hemisphere’s premier Rail Trail in North East Victoria.
In Yackandandah, the rail trail will aim to meet the following objectives:
- To provide an ‘arrival’ in town and a strong and convenient connection to the businesses in the Main Street
- To provide a safe route with an easy flow through town
- To create connections for local community to Yackandandah’s facilities, including shops, school, recreation reserves and other trails
- To cater for convenient car parking, events and other amenities (trail head) for visitors wanting to access the trail in Yackandandah
Both surveys close 5pm Friday 16 August 2019.
The Yackandandah Place Plan Steering Committee has been formed to provide strategic guidance and work in partnership with Council throughout the development of the Yackandandah Place Plan. The Committee members are:
- Councillor Diane Shepheard - Indigo Shire Council
- Merve Hooper - Yack Tracks
- Phil Newman - YCDCo
- Annette Nuck - Yackandandah Health
- Megan Vincent - Yackandandah Chamber of Commerce
- David Larkin - Community Representative
- Geordie Graham - Community Representative
- Jane Moore - Community Representative
- Dennis Ginnivan - TRY