It is a requirement under the Local Government Act Section 125 (7)
that ‘at least once in each financial year, a Council must consider whether the current Council Plan requires any adjustment in respect of the remaining period of the Council Plan.' The updated Council Plan includes the following additions and changes:
- A new action 1.4.6 Develop a Reconciliation Action Plan
- Amendment of item 2.1.5 Develop stage 1 of Chiltern Industrial Land as per the Chiltern Placemaking Report, removing the reference to stage 2.
- Amendments to 2.1.6 and 2.1.8 to reflect the Council resolution in December 2018 about the future prioritisation of placemaking projects.
- Amend the wording of item 2.3.8 from a “Cycling and Walking Strategy” to a “Trails Strategy” to broaden the scope of the strategy to include horse riding.
- Amendments to the timing of actions 1.5.2, 2.1.1, 2.1.4, 2.1.6, 2.1.10, 2.1.12, 2.1.13, 2.2.5, 2.2.7, 3.1.1, 3.2.3, 3.2.4, 4.2.2, 5.2.4, 5.3.1, 5.3.2.
See here for the Review-of-Council-Plan-2017-2021-DRAFT.pdf(PDF, 3MB)
Make a submission
Any person wishing to make a submission on the Council Plan should address these to the CEO and must be received by 5pm on Friday 31 May. Submissions can be made by:
Mail: PO Box 28, Beechworth 3747
Drop-in sessions will be held across Indigo Shire during May. These sessions are a chance for you to review the revised Council Plan and ask us any questions.
||Date & time
||Wednesday 8 May, 2.30-3.30pm
|Wahgunyah School of Arts
||Thursday 9 May, 3.30-4.30pm
|Gollings Square, Rutherglen
||Thursday 9 May, 5-6pm
|Martin’s Lane, Chiltern
||Friday 10 May, 12-1pm
||Friday 10 May, 2pm-3pm
Forum, Soldier’s Memorial Hall
|Tuesday 14 May, 6-7pm
|Tangambalanga Lion’s Den
||Thursday 16 May, 10-11am