We're developing a Lakes and Waterways Activation Plan to encourage greater recreational use across the bodies of water in our shire.
Help us shape the plan by sharing your thoughts through our short survey. Take the survey here.
The survey closes at 5pm on Monday 16 September.
Developing this plan is a key action from the Active Indigo Recreation Plan.
The natural values of our lakes and waterways are an important part of what makes these locations special and having a range of settings for outdoor and nature based recreation is a key consideration in developing the plan.
The Lakes and Waterways Activation Plan aims to:
- To identify current community usage of blue spaces across the shire.
- To identify community needs, demands and priorities for lakes and waterways.
- To identify possible linkages between tourism, economic development and recreation activation of water ways in Indigo.
- To increase accessibility of waterways.
- To develop a clear action plan for programming and infrastructure, in collaboration with community, peak bodies and clubs, to increase participation in water based activities.
Otium Planning have been engaged to develop the plan and undertake community engagement.
This project is jointly funded by Indigo Shire Council and a planning grant from Sport and Recreation Victoria.