Community Forum Notes - 13 August
More than 30 people turned out to the Beechworth Community Forum at the Town Hall on 13 August to meet with Councillors and staff.
A range of topics were discussed, including key Council projects such as the Beechworth Railway Precinct Management Plan, the Beechworth to Yackandandah Rail Trail and the Epic Mountain Bike Trail.
Other matters discussed included:
- Long-term vision for Beechworth
- Beechworth Christmas decorations
- Improving the conditions of public toilets
- Infrastructure to support tourism projects
- Development of a new resident's kit
- Soft plastic recycling
- Supporting volunteer groups to attract and train new members
- Future plans for the Platelayers Cottage
- Walking, cycling and horse trails strategy
- Street lighting
- Importance of arts and cultural heritage
- Historic Precinct Masterplan
- Town maps
- Format of community forums
Thank you to everyone who came along and share their thoughts. To stay up to date with the latest Council activities in Beechworth make sure you follow Indigo Shire Council on Facebook, subscribe to our Weekly Update Email and keep an eye on your letter box for the quarterly Indigo Informer Council Newsletter.