Community forum notes - 12 March 2019
A small and engaged group of residents attended the Stanley Community Forum on Tuesday March 12 discussing a wide range of issues.
- The increasing demands on volunteers, with the Memorial Hall Committee raised as an example. Demands included increasing O&HS obligations, paperwork and governance requirements.
- The potential for the Shire to lease the old Stanley School Site to the shire to secure it for five years for community use and for the SRCI to run a post office.
- Delays to the Stanley Township Zoning Scheme Amendment.
- Clarification around camping on the DELWP recreation reserve.
- Potential for a formal off road bike trail to be established, and the opportunity for the community to contribute to the upcoming Indigo Shire cycling/walking trail strategy.
- The need to protect our heritage.
- Thanks to our Ranger service for support with dangerous animals.
- The Beechworth Easter Parade and its relationship with the Stanley community.
- Water bubbler locations and the need for one in Stanley.
- Green waste services
Roads – potential sealing and upgrades:
- Mytrleford Road between Murray Road and O’Neils Road
- Rosengreen Lane
- Between the church and cork tree house- needs a sealed apron.
- Main Stanley Road needs VicRoads to upgrade.
- Corner of Fletchers Dam, Hurdle Flat Road, gravel has washed away.