It is a requirement under the Local Government Act Section 125 (7)
that ‘at least once in each financial year, a council must consider whether the current Council Plan requires any adjustment in respect of the remaining period of the Council Plan.'
The updated Council Plan includes the following amendments to the timing of actions, with a recommendation that these be completed in 2021/21.
- 2.1.11 Develop a Parking Strategy for Beechworth and Yackandandah
- 2.3.3 Complete the walking/cycling track from Wahgunyah to Lake Moodemere
- 2.3.8 Develop a Trails Strategy, including Chiltern to Rutherglen and the Lake Moodemere Trail
- 2.4.2 Review museums, athenaeums and historic collections in all towns
- 3.2.2 Develop a strategic plan for caravan park amenities across the Shire
- 3.2.3 Finalise and implement the review of the Visitor Information Services
- 5.2.2 Review and implement relevant changes arising from the review of the Local Government Act
Make a submission
Anyone wishing to make a submission on the Council Plan should address these to the CEO and must be received by 5pm on Friday 26 June. Submissions can be made by:
Mail: PO Box 28, Beechworth 3747