We have a dedicated Tourism Development Officer (Industry and Events) who is available as a resource for all event organisers within our Shire.
The Tourism Development Officer can:
- Provide advice and support for organisers to obtain the correct Council permits and licences
- Co-ordinate Council event logistic support including road closures and waste services
- Assist event organisers to identify opportunities for growth, innovation and collaboration
- Explore opportunities for new events.
Contact the Tourism Development Officer (Industry and Events), Clare Rowland on 03 5728 8000 or 0429 709 727 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the responsibility of event organisers to ensure that their event has the required permits and approvals from Council and other third parties.
This may include venue hire, traffic management, food handling and/or waste management depending on where your event is being held, how big it is and the nature of your event.
We can assist you in determining which permits or approvals you may need by notifying us of your event and its details.
The Event Planning Guide provides a basic overview of the Event Planning Process in Indigo Shire. You should read this document prior to planning your event. When you have read the guide you can complete the Event Notification Form, and our staff will be in contact once they've assessed your event notification to assist you through the process.
Event Fact Sheets
Adding an Event to the Event Calendar (ATDW)(PDF, 631KB)
Food and Beverage Safety at Events (Streatrader)(PDF, 453KB)
Temporary Road Closures for Events and On Road Events(PDF, 863KB)
Filming and Photography in Indigo Shire(PDF, 613KB)
Event Planning Resources
Event Risk Assessment Template(XLSX, 32KB)
Event Waste Wise Template(PDF, 1MB)
The IEDTAC Festival and Events Grant is currently closed. The program opens annually in June for events in the following financial year.
The Indigo Economic Development and Tourism Advisory Committee (IEDTAC) Tourism Events Grant provides grants of up to $4000 and logistics support for eligible events within Indigo Shire.
The objective of this funding is to maximise economic outcomes for Indigo Shire through the attraction and support of new and innovative events.
This will be achieved by supporting events that:
- Grow the visitor economy through any of the following:
- Increasing overnight stays
- Increasing midweek visitation
- Increasing off-peak visitation.
- Attract new audiences to Indigo Shire through any of the following:
- Developing an event that shows significant innovation from events that have been delivered in Indigo Shire before
- Developing a new experience within an existing event to attract a new audience
- Adding an element of creative appeal that has the potential to build the Indigo Shire brand through social and traditional media take up.
We have an events trailer with a range of equipment for events. There is no charge to use the events equipment, however, you are liable for the safe return of the trailer. The events trailer is subject to availability and you should book early to ensure it is available for your requested dates.
Contact Tourism Development Officer (Industry and Events), Clare Rowland on 03 5728 8000 or 0429 709 727 or via email at email@example.com to request the trailer for your event.
Event trailer equipment list(PDF, 494KB)
Event trailer hire agreement form(PDF, 700KB)
All events in Indigo Shire are eligible for a free website event listing on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW). Having an event listing on the ATDW will advertise your event on:
Your event will also be automatically registered with Emergency Services, enabling a potentially more efficient and effective response in cases of disaster or other emergency.
All media enquiries are also directed to the ATDW event calendar, so you are potentially missing out on media exposure by not having a current event listing.
Click here(PDF, 631KB) for instructions for adding your event to the ATDW.