The Community Grants Program provides an opportunity for community groups and organisations to seek funds for projects and initiatives that benefit the community at large, when funds are not readily available from other sources.
This year there is a total of $95,000 available this year across the Community Grants and Community Event Grant programs.
Funding for the Community Grants program includes following categories:
- $47,500 ‘General’ and ‘Arts and Culture’ projects
- $2,500 for ‘Youth Initiatives’
For the 2021/22 financial year only there are fund available in the following categories:
- $25,000 in COVID support. This funding can be used for an event or activity that reconnects residents to the community and encourages increased social interactions. Alternatively, the funding can be used for the purchase of COVIDSafe equipment like directional stickers, sneeze screens, hand sanitiser, bollards.
- $5,000 for sport equipment for local sporting clubs to enhance sporting participation across the Shire.
Successful grants in the above categories will range from $200 to $4,000.
- $15,000 available for Community Events - click here to read more and apply for these grants.
Community Grant Funding Guidelines and Criteria can be found here(DOC, 724KB)
If you need some help as you work through your application or would like to discuss your project in more detail please call 1300 365 003 and speak to one of our team.
Indigo Shire Council is again using Smartygrants, an online grants administration system to manage and streamline the application process.
It is through this online portal that applications and all supporting documentation will be submitted, processed, and acquitted.
If you applied for the program last year, you can use your existing Smartygrants login. If you are a new applicant, you can create a Smartygrants account here: Indigo Shire Smartygrants. From there, you will be able to access the application forms.
If for any reason you need assistance with submitting your application online, please contact the Community Development Team on 1300 365 003 or email email@example.com
Please note: if you need a paper copy of the application form you can download it below, or collect a copy from our Customer Service locations across the Shire.
Community Grants Application form(DOCX, 90KB)
Applications close at 4pm on Monday 27 September 2021.
Please note: For information on Council's Tourism Event Grant Program please visit our events section.