Small Business Friendly Council
Indigo Shire Council has partnered with the Victorian Small Business Commission (VSBC) to deliver the Small Business Friendly Council initiative, which is being rolled-out to all local government areas in Victoria.
Indigo Shire is one of 63 councils to sign up up to the initiative, committing to work with the VSBC to:
- help small businesses to keep trading throughout disruptive infrastructure projects
- paying small business suppliers within 14 days – acknowledging how important prompt payments are in managing cashflow
- supporting local business networks – unique forums for creating connections and enabling communication and collaboration
- working to streamline permit approvals for people looking to start a business in the Shire
- raising local small business issues with the VSBC and working together on solutions
- promoting how the VSBC can help resolve commercial disputes at this time.