Council meeting times and dates
Council meetings are held in the Beechworth main office at The Pines, 2 Kurrajong Way, Mayday Hills, each month except January and are advertised in local newspapers the weekend before.
You are welcome and encouraged to attend any of the Council Meetings. You are able to ask questions during the Open Forum at the end of the meeting. All meetings are open to the public, however they may be closed to the public during confidential business discussions.
Council meeting agendas detail the order of business to be discussed and decided upon. Councillors discuss various issues and make decisions on the recommendations included within the agenda. The Chief Executive Officer and General Managers of each department attend the Council meetings.
Special Council meetings will be called from time to time to discuss and decide upon specific matters, for example, the Budget, the Annual Report and the Council Plan.
Pre-COVID-19, Council meetings were held in the Beechworth Council Chambers, Mayday Hills at 6:30pm.
The next Ordinary Meeting of Council is scheduled for Tuesday 15 September at 6.30pm. The meeting will be held electronically and live-streamed on the Website.
Open Forum will still proceed with questions to Council being read by the Mayor on behalf of the author. Questions will need to be emailed to email@example.com by 5pm prior to the meeting.
2020 Council meeting schedule
- Tuesday 25 February (Ordinary meeting)
- Tuesday 31 March (Ordinary meeting)
- Tuesday 28 April (Ordinary meeting)
- Tuesday 5 May (Special meeting)
- Tuesday 26 May (Ordinary meeting)
- Tuesday 30 June (Ordinary meeting)
- Tuesday 14 July (Special meeting)
- Tuesday 28 July (Ordinary meeting)
- Tuesday 25 August (Ordinary meeting)
- Tuesday 8 September (Special meeting)
- Tuesday 15 September (Ordinary meeting)
- October – no meeting due to caretaker period
- Tuesday 24 November (Ordinary meeting)
- Tuesday 15 December (Ordinary meeting)
All meetings are live streamed on YouTube. Click here to tune in