Join the Baarmutha Park Committee of Management
Baarmutha Park is a key community and recreation hub for Beechworth. Indigo Shire Council is currently recruiting community members to join user group representatives to create a new committee of management. There are two positions available. If you are keen to support your local community and contribute to the running of this important facility, please complete the nomination form below.
Composition of the Committee
The independent community members will work with a nominated representative of the sporting clubs that use Baarmutha Park, including:
- Beechworth Football Netball Club
- Beechworth Wanderers Cricket Club
- Beechworth Golf Club
- Beechworth and District Hockey Club
Working together, the club representatives, and the community members will form the BPCOM. The committee will be responsible for delivering the objectives that are set out by Indigo Shire under an Instrument of Delegation. They include:
- The responsibility for strategic and master planning of the site, in association with Council.
- The responsibility for the active attraction, and promotion of the use of the facilities, including the co-ordination of major events.
- The responsibility for the management and co-ordination of the Baarmutha Park sport and recreation facility as per the attached area plans and the various activities that pertain to its use.
- Developing and administering user agreements with all user groups. (sporting clubs)
Nominate to join the committee
To apply to join the committee, fill in our online form below or download a form(DOCX, 196KB) and return it to us marked 'Baarmutha Park Committee of Management Application' to:
Nominations close at 5pm on 6 March 2020.