At a Council Meeting on Tuesday 28 June 2016, Indigo Shire Council adopted the Budget for the 2016-17 financial year.
The adoption of Council’s Budget for 2016-17 sets in place the framework to deliver the key projects and initiatives contained within the Council Plan.
In summary, the 2016-17 Budget details:
- Total income of $30.857 million.
- Rates increasing by 2.5% to a total of $15.125 million.
- Total expenses of $28.283 million.
- Total capital works of $8.097 million.
- Cash at the end of 2016-17 of $2.926 million.
- No new borrowings.
- Total borrowings at the end of 2016-17 of $3.518 million (down from $4.076 million in 2015-16).
Councillors’ set parameters for the 2016-17 Budget of:
- no additional borrowings
- minimal impacts on service levels
- a Capital Works program of at least $6 million
- as small a cash deficit as possible.
The organisation has delivered a budget that meets these parameters - plus:
- a cash deficit at the end of 2016-17 of $170,000, an improvement of $430,000 on the expected cash deficit of $600,000 for the current 2015-16 financial year
- a forecast surplus at the end of 2016-17 of $2.57 million (which includes capital grants)
Projects to be completed in the next financial year include:
- Barnawartha Structure Plan - $30,000
- Chiltern Placemaking – initial work on key strategic projects
- Kerb and channel work in 3 streets in Chiltern - $170,000
- The widening of 2.1km of Chiltern-Yackandandah Road to improve road safety - $480,000
- A new 340m footpath at Kiewa-Walcha Road to Kiewa East Road - $60,000
- Upgrade Gooramadda Road bridge - $160,000
- Renewal works across all playground equipment in the shire - $30,000
- Rutherglen Main Street revitalisation - $235,000
- Wahgunyah, new kerb and channel Elizabeth Street - $61,000
- Yackandandah Memorial Hall renewal - $30,000
- Beechworth drainage improvements - $95,000
- Wahgunyah to Moodemere cycle path - funds to leverage advocacy work for grants
- Hume Region tracks and trails enhancements – funds to leverage advocacy work for grants
Copies of the adopted Budget are available for inspection at Council's Service Centres at Beechworth, Chiltern, Rutherglen and Yackandandah during office hours.
For further information on the Budget contact Indigo Shire Council on 03 5728 8000 or 1300 365 003.
2016-17 Adopted Budget PDF Version (1MB pdf, 95 A4 pages)
2016-17 Council Action Plan PDF (0.2MB pdf. 2 A4 pages)
5 Year Capital Works Program (55KB pdf 2 A3 pages)
Above: 2016-17 Budget Income is $30.857 million, with the above chart identifying the allocation of income across the various operating income categories.
Above: 2016-17 Budget Expense is $28.283 million, with the above chart identifying the allocation of expense across the various operating expenditure categories.
Last updated: 29 June 2016