Have your say on the 2017-2021 Council Plan
What are your big ideas for the future of our shire?
The recently–elected Council has to create a brand new Council Plan to guide the work it will do for the community over the next four years. And we want your ideas for the future and any suggestions for improvements. It is important that you have your say by completing a survey, and there are several ways to do that.
It is up to you which method you use, but it would be helpful in the collation of the responses, if as many surveys were completed online as possible.
You can either:
- Click the link here which will take you to the online survey here
- Go to our facebook page, www.facebook.com/indigoshire and access the survey from there.
- You will receive in the post a single page, Special Issue – Council Plan Indigo Informer with 3 questions on the back. Fill it in, fold and staple it and send it back to Council Reply Paid.
The survey closes on 20 January 2017. The calendar below sets out the timeframes for community meetings and listening posts for the Council Plan.
The Community Meetings will allow residents an opportunity to provide feedback on the top priorities that arise from the survey.
Community Meetings (ALL 6pm-7.30pm):
- Beechworth - Monday 27 February, Memorial Hall
- Rutherglen – Thursday 2 March, Senior Citizens Centre
- Kiewa-Tangambalanga – Monday 6 March, Coulston Park Community Centre
- Yackandandah – Thursday 9 March, Sports Park
- Chiltern – Tuesday 14 March, Memorial Hall
After these Community Meetings, Council will endorse a draft Council Plan for further community feedback. The draft Council Plan will be available on our website and at our Customer Service Centres and also presented at Listening Posts as below:
Listening Posts (ALL 10am – 12 noon):
- Beechworth, Wahgunyah, outside the Post Offices – Saturday 6 May
- Rutherglen, Chiltern (outside IGA), Barnawartha (outside the Post Office) – Saturday 13 May
- Yackandandah, Kiewa-Tangambalanga (outside the newsagents) – Saturday 20 May.
Community Consultation Calendar