2017 Council Plan Community Consultation
The Community's response to the recent survey has been fantastic with well over 300 replies from residents, council committees and other groups, as well as input from Councillors.
All this feedback has been distilled into five key themes with a number of subheadings to guide our thinking as we create the new Council Plan.
Theme 1 - People & Communities
Theme 2 - Places, townships & infrastructure
Theme 3 - Economy
Theme 4 - Environment & sustainability
Theme 5 - Civic leadership & governance
These key themes will be further discussed and refined in nine community meetings across Indigo in March. You are warmly invited to attend any of these meetings. No RSVP needed — just bring yourself and your ideas. See you there!
Community Meetings 6pm-7.30pm
- Wednesday 1 March, Wahgunyah School of Arts
- Thursday 2 March, Senior Citzens Rutherglen
- Monday 6 March, Coulston Park Kiewa-Tangambalanga
- Wednesday 8 March, Sandy Creek Hall
- Thursday 9 March, Yackandandah Sports Park
- Tuesday 14 March, Memorial Hall Chiltern
- Wednesday 15 March, Barnawartha Soldiers Hall
- Thursday 16 March, Stanley Hall
- Monday 20 March, Memorial Hall Beechworth
Listening Post Feedback 10am-noon
- Saturday 6 May Beechworth
- Saturday 13 May Rutherglen, outside IGA
- Saturday 13 May Chiltern, outside IGA
- Saturday 20 May Yackandandah, outside newsagent
- Saturday 20 May Tangambalanga, outside store
The Council Plan guides what the Council does for you over the four-year period from one election to the next.
The 2013-2017 Council Plan was adopted by Council on 25 June 2013. It was amended in March 2014 to reflect the composition of the current Council and again in June 2015 to reflect current progress and new State Government reporting requirements. To download a copy, follow the link below:
To download previous Council Plans, follow the links below:
If you require any further information regarding the Council Plan, please Contact Council.
Last updated: 10 March 2017