Council accommodation project
Revised plans and images for Indigo Shire Council’s Yackandandah office
At its February meeting Council confirmed its intention to build a new office building at Yackandandah, and to investigate the feasibility of selling the Ardsville and Wellsford St buildings. The revised plans are available for public comment for 14 days from 1 March 2013, closing at 5pm on 15 March 2013. A report will come to the 19 March Council Meeting in Beechworth for a final decision on the revised proposals.
You are invited to provide feedback on these two proposals, option A and option B.
Please forward your comments to: CEO, Indigo Shire Council, P. O. Box 28, Beechworth, 3747; or email email@example.com
Yackandandah Office Revised Plans February 2013 - Option A - Click Here
Yackandandah Office Revised Plans February 2013 - Option B - Click Here
Changes to Office project
The Council at its meeting on 12 February 2013 resolved to alter the plans for the office accommodation at Beechworth and consider altered plans for the Yackandandah site at its meeting on 19 March, 2013.
Motion - Yackandandah Office Redevelopment
- Confirms its intention to proceed to build a new office building at Yackandandah, in line with the plan approved as part of planning permit PP12-0114 with some changes
- Instructs officers to investigate the feasibility of excluding Ardesville and/or Wellsford Street buildings from the design and selling those buildings
- Instructs officers to incorporate those functions lost from Ardesville and Wellsford into the new design
- Instructs officers to ensure that seating and parking capacity is in line with the plan approved as part of planning permit PP12-0114
- Make the revised plans available for public viewing for 14 days, to enable comments to be received, and a report to be brought back to the March Ordinary meeting for a final decision on the revised design and costs.
Motion - Beechworth Office Redevelopment
- Confirms that it will not be proceeding to build the extension planned as part of planning permit PP12-0133
- Makes application to VCAT to formally withdraw planning permit PP12-0133
- Proceed with a refurbishment of the existing office building and town hall with a view of making the most efficient and contemporary use of space available in those buildings
- Instruct that the refurbishment include disabled access to the first floor of the town hall via a lift, and a secondary external access from the building via a fire escape, as well as other appropriate fire mitigation measures
- Authorises the Chief Executive Officer to have a revised scope of works prepared to carry out these works, and to enter into discussions with the Builder appointed by Council under Contract 12/2192 with a view of varying this contract in line with the revised scope, and within existing Budget allocations.
Report and attachments previously considered by Council in relation to the office project:
Reports to Council meeting, Tuesday 12 June 2012
The following documents are contained in the Council Agenda and related papers for the June Council meeting.
Feasibility Study, No. 42 Architects, July 2007
Last updated: 04 March 2013