Beechworth, Diffey Road
- 1pm-5pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
Rutherglen, Cornishtown Road
- 1pm-5pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Transfer Stations are CLOSED Christmas Day, Good Friday and Anzac Day.
No eftpos facilities available
All items MUST be unloaded by 5:00pm
Transfer Station Fees and Charges 2015-2016
|General Household Waste Rate
||per cubic metre
|General Household Waste minimum charge
| Soft Furnishings, Lounge chairs, couches etc
|Clean separated green waste
||per cubic metre
|Car tyres with rim
|Light truck tyres
|Heavy truck tyres
| Earthmover tyres
|e-Waste (televisions and computer equipment)
and all other electrical/electronic waste
|$1.05 per kg
| Sorted Recyclables (excluding cardboard)
| Scrap metal, white goods and car bodies
| Clean fill - accepted by supervisor
| Clean Polystyrene
| Car Batteries
| Domestic gas bottles up to 9kg
| 45 kg Domestic gas bottles
PENALTIES APPLY FOR DISPOSAL OF PROHIBITED MATERIALS
- Charges include GST. Minimum Charge $8.00
- Depositing more than 1.5 cubic metres requires special arrangement with site supervisor
- Clean sorted recyclables excluding cardboard, approved by site supervisor — no charge.
- Customers are encouraged to dismantle waste items prior to entering the transfer station so that separated materials can be deposited in appropriate areas. Contaminated recyclables will be charged as household waste $42.00 per cubic metre
Accepted and prohibited waste
- Car bodies and parts, carpet, domestic garbage, garden waste, inert solid waste, mattresses, metal, plastics, recyclables, sump oil, timber, tree pruning, tyres, whitegoods, e-waste, polystyrene, domestic gas bottles (as listed above).
- Builders' rubble, cleaning solvents, dead animals, herbicides, pesticides, infectious waste, liquid waste, non-biodegradable chemicals, paint, petroleum products, pharmaceutical drugs, unidentified chemicals, asbestos.
Council urges residents to dispose of their used engine oil in a safe and sensible way. To assist, Council provides a drop off point for oil at specially built facilities at the Beechworth and Rutherglen Transfer Stations. The oil is then recycled into different grades of plastic and can be used for different purposes. Residents can also take used plastic oil containers up to 15ltr in capacity and leave them at the Transfer Stations where they are picked up every six weeks.
Council is also particularly interested in making sure farmers and backyard mechanics make the most of this service.
Recycling silage wrap
Used silage wrap is recycled into useful products such as trickle irrigation pipes, roadside/garden furniture, plastic pallets, low pressure pipe, vineyard stakes etc. You can drop your used silage wrap at the Rutherglen or Beechworth Transfer Station. The silage wrap is to be shaken clean, rolled up and placed in an approved plasback liner. www.plasback.com.au
Indigo Shire farmers have the opportunity to dispose of used farm chemical or animal-health containers at a 'drumMUSTER' held at the Rutherglen Transfer Station.
- drumMuster collections are each Friday
- only containers bearing the 'drumMUSTER' logo are eligible for collection
- drums must be triple rinsed prior to collection
- appointment time is allocated - Phone Indigo Shire to make your appointment and you will also need the number of drums you are intending to drop off as they are individually inspected prior to being accepted
- if you have any further questions, please contact the Waste Department at Council.
drumMUSTER and ChemClear are important industry stewardship programs that are part of the Industry Waste Reduction Scheme (IWRS). Agsafe Limited is contracted by AgStewardship Australia who manage the levies collected under the IWRS. The IWRS is funded by a levy on eligible non-returnable farm chemical containers over 1 litre or kilogram in content from participating chemical manufacturers. drumMUSTER is the national program for the collection and recycling of empty, cleaned, non-returnable metal and plastic agvet chemical containers. Chemical users throughout Australia are encouraged to deliver their empty, cleaned containers for inspection and acceptance at their local drumMUSTER collection site at one of over 700 drumMUSTER sites nationally. drumMUSTER product is recycled into useful everyday items such as street signs, irrigation piping, plant stakes and outdoor furniture. drumMUSTER provides:
- an environmentally responsible solution for chemical users to the problem of disposing their empty chemical containers;
- helps property owners to keep their property clean of potential contamination;
- encourages good farming practice and meets Quality Assurance obligations; and
- supports the preservation of the wider environment.
For more information visit www.drummuster.com.au
ChemClear® is the national program for the collection and disposal of unwanted currently registered agvet chemicals. The objective of the program is to minimise the accumulation of unwanted agvet chemicals held in storage which may create potential risks to the environment, public health and trade.
There are two categories of agvet chemicals ChemClear® collects:
Group 1 chemicals are currently registered products manufactured by participating companies signed to the Industry Waste Reduction Agreement. These products are collected free of charge.
Group 2 chemicals are products manufactured by non participating companies, or, deregistered, unknown, mixed or out of date products. A per litre/kilogram fee for disposal applies.
Registrations are essential and can be made at www.chemclear.com.au or 1800 008 182
Events and waste management
Indigo provides wheelie bins to help with the collection of waste and recyclables from festivals and events throughout the Shire. This includes events such as the Golden Horse Shoes Festival and the Yackandandah Folk Festival to small events such as school fetes. Please contact Council to see if your event meets with the criteria for Waste/Recycle collection.
Last updated: 10 August 2016