Free - Hard Waste Disposal
This is a free service for Indigo Shire residents. Residents must deliver their waste to the sites listed below, no kerbside pickup will be provided. Items are to be sorted and separated at the site, as instructed by staff. Supervisors will reject unacceptable items.
March 21 and 22, 2015
- Beechworth: 1pm-5pm, transfer station, Diffey Road
- Chiltern: 8am-noon, former transfer station, Chiltern-Rutherglen Road
- Kiewa-Tangambalanga: 9am-1pm, corner Forge Court and Kiewa-Bonegilla Road, opposite Kiewa Fire Station.
- Rutherglen: 1pm-5pm, transfer station, Cornishtown Road
- Yackandandah: 9am-1pm, Shire depot, Railway Avenue, behind YCDCo service station
Carpet, mattresses, scrap metal, sump oil (at Beechworth and Rutherglen only), whitegoods, household and garden furniture, car bodies (at Beechworth and Rutherglen only), televisions, computer equipment.
Items not accepted
Domestic waste and recyclables (at Yackandandah, Chiltern and Tangambalanga), car bodies (at Yackandandah, Chiltern and Tangambalanga), industrial waste, building waste, rubble, batteries, cleaning solvents, household chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, paint, unidentified chemicals, green waste, garden waste, asbestos, tyres.
This service is for large items that cannot be disposed of through domestic kerbside collection.
White goods, scrap metal, car bodies, engine oil and car batteries can be disposed of free of charge throughout the year at the Rutherglen and Beechworth Transfer Stations during normal opening hours.
Last updated: 16 January 2015