Free - Hard Waste Disposal
This is a free service for Indigo Shire ratepayers. Residents must deliver their waste to the sites listed below, no kerbside pickup will be provided. Items are to be sorted and separated at the site, as instructed by staff. Supervisors will reject unacceptable items.
2014 Collection details
Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 March
- Beechworth, 1pm-5pm, Beechworth Transfer Station, Diffey Road
- Chiltern, 8am-noon, former Transfer Station, Chiltern-Rutherglen Road
- Kiewa-Tangambalanga, 9am-1pm, corner Forge Court and Kiewa-Bonegilla Road, opposite Kiewa Fire Station.
- Rutherglen, 1pm-5pm, Transfer Station, Cornishtown Road
- Yackandandah, 9am-1pm, Indigo Shire Depot, Railway Avenue, (behind YCDCo Service Station)
Items accepted: carpet, mattresses, scrap metal, sump oil (at Beechworth and Rutherglen only), whitegoods, household and garden furniture, car bodies (at Beechworth and Rutherglen only), televisions, computer equipment.
Items not accepted: domestic waste and recyclables (at Yackandandah, Chiltern and Tangambalanga), car bodies (at Yackandandah, Chiltern and Tangambalanga), industrial waste, building waste, rubble, batteries, cleaning solvents, household chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, paint, unidentified chemicals, green waste, garden waste, asbestos, tyres.
This service is for large items that cannot be disposed of through domestic kerbside collection.
White goods, scrap metal, car bodies, computer equipment, televisions and sump oil can be disposed of free of charge throughout the year at the Rutherglen and Beechworth Transfer Stations, during normal opening hours.
Last updated: 26 February 2014