During Autumn Council staff remove leaves from open drains and some urban streets. See the map below which indicates the Beechworth streets that are a priority. If you live on one of these streets Council would welcome your assistance. Please consider the following points:
- Rake and place leaves into piles where they can be easily accessed by Council staff
- Keep piles of leave free from contamination including; stones, sticks & branches
- Streets will be systematically cleared of leaves. There is no specific timeframe for this,however streets will be visited several times during the leaf fall period.
- If household green waste is placed out for collection this will not be removed. This collection is for leaves from street trees only and all other green waste should be disposed of via a Green Waste bin or at the Transfer stations.
- Please contact Council on 1300 365 003 if you have any concerns and ask for the Operations Department.
Last updated: 29 April 2015