Temporary Food Premises

Temporary food premises are temporary stalls or tents from which food is sold, such as at a market or festival.

Mobile food premises are vehicles such as vans, trailers or carts from which food is sold.

What is Streatrader?

Streatrader is a website that allows registration and notification of temporary and mobile food businesses to you principal council. You no longer need to fill our paperwork for multiple councils where you operate.

Just apply online and your principal council will be identified by where:

  • you prepare or store food that is to be sold at the stall or van; or
  • if food is not usually prepared or stored beforehand by the business/organisation – the district in which you usually store the equipment for your stall, or garage your van; or
  • if none of the above apply – the district where the usual business address for your organisation is located; or
  • if none of the above are in Victoria – the district in which the stall or van will first operate.

What do I need to do?

Go to the Streatrader website:


You will be directed to Business Victoria Online, where you will create your login (unless you already have one, in which case you simply just fill in your username and password.) Once your login details are complete you will automatically enter the Streatrader website. Now you are ready to complete your forms. Streatrader will guide you through the process until you are ready to hit the lodge button.

How to apply for registration renewal

  1. Go to streatrader.health.vic.gov.au
  2. Login with your user name and password.
  3. Go to Renew Registration Application and press Edit
  4. If you choose to renew, check that your current information is correct
  5. Agree to the Declaration and enter your name and authority to complete the form
  6. Follow the payment instructions.
  7. Lodge the application.

Your renewal application has now been lodged with council for processing and you can log out of Streatrader.

What are the benefits?

All the forms you need to fill in are now available online.

Once your online application to register or notify is accepted by your principal council, you can trade anywhere in Victoria providing you lodge a Statement of Trade (also done through the Streatrader website)

Being online means you can log in anywhere, lodge or update your forms or contact details and receive messages including your certificates.

We are a community group, do we need to register?

It may be a fundraising event like a cake stall or sausage sizzle where the food is sold or handled from temporary and mobile tents, vans or community halls.

Community groups and club, and voluntary associations that sell food to raise funds are now required to register/notify with just one principal council. Once this is done, the community group can operate anywhere in Victoria. All you need to do is lodge a Statement of Trade with councils about where and when you are selling the food.

NOTE: Indigo Shire Council does not charge community groups or "not for profit" organisations. A business operating with full food registration within the shire is also entitled to free temporary food registration.

For other businesses:

Annual fee for Class 2 Temporary Premises is $100
Annual fee for Class 3 Temporary Premises is $75.

This fee must be paid before receiving your registration certificate.

For more information please call Indifgo Shire on 1300 365 003.

Last updated: 01 September 2015