Indigo Shire Libraries
Indigo Shire Council now manages all its libraries, in association with the Swift Library Consortium, following the closure of the Upper Murray Regional Library on 30 June 2013.
This is great news for communities because being part of Swift gives us greater access to books and services. The Swift Library Consortium is a co-operative network of public, school and TAFE libraries across Victoria and NSW.
With more than 150 branch libraries, the Consortium provides patrons with access to three million books, magazine, DVDs, and other items which can be requested from any participating library.
Opening hours at the libraries will remain the same as they are now with the exception of Beechworth where opening hours will be extended on Wednesdays, starting from 1 July 2013.
- Beechworth Library Corner Albert Road and Harper Avenue, Beechworth VIC 3747
Phone: 03 5728 8043
Wednesday: 10am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-5.30pm
Friday: 10am-12.30pm & 1.30pm-5.30pm
- Chiltern Library Conness Street, Chiltern VIC 3683
Phone: 02 6028 1143
- Rutherglen Library 153 High Street, Rutherglen VIC 3685
Phone: 02 6033 6801 Fax: 02 6032 7427
Tuesday-Friday. 9am-12.30pm and 1pm-4.30pm
As part of these changes Indigo Shire Libraries will be offering a Library Outreach Service for the townships of Stanley and Kergunyah. A Pop Up Library Service will be available fortnightly in Stanley and Monthly in Kergunyah. Please see attached calendars for times in both Stanley and Kergunyah.
Your Library Card
Members who use the Beechworth, Chiltern or Rutherglen libraries after 1 July will receive a new Indigo Shire library card the next time they visit their local branch. The new card can be used at Beechworth, Chiltern, Rutherglen, Corryong, Tallangatta and Wodonga libraries.
The Upper Murray Regional Library mobile service ceased operating on 15 June 2013. From 1 July 2013 Indigo Shire residents will receive Mobile Library Services from Riverina Regional Libraries.
- Tangambalanga 10am-12.30pm, starts Tuesday 9 July
- Yackandandah 2pm-5pm, starts Tuesday 9 July
- Middle Indigo 11.15am-12pm, starts Thursday 18 July
- Osbornes Flat 1pm-1.45pm, starts Thursday 18 July
- Yackandandah 9.30am-12pm, starts Saturday 20 July
- Wahgunyah 9.15am-11.15am, starts Monday 15 July
- Barnawartha 12pm-1.30pm, starts Monday 15 July
- Wooragee 2.30pm-3.15pm, starts Monday 15 July
For updates visit: http://www.rrl.nsw.gov.au/mobile-library
Your Upper Murray Regional Library card can still be used on the Riverina Mobile Library bus. Some amendments have been made to the schedule to allow for the service to run effectively.
Last updated: 15 November 2013