Indigo Shire Libraries
Library Services are provided to Indigo Shire Council residents by Upper Murray Regional Library at three local branches in Beechworth, Chiltern and Rutherglen, and the Mobile Library Service for outlying communities.
To go to the Upper Murray Regional Library website, please click here.
You are invited to use your local FREE public library service for information, education, recreation or personal enrichment. The library staff are committed to providing quality library and information services for the community.
The book collection includes a wide range of fiction and non-fiction for all ages and interests.
Other material for loan are:
- Audio Books on CD for adults, young people and children
- Large Print Books available in fiction and non fiction - with much larger print than usual.
- Magazines - general and popular titles for all ages.
- DVDs - documentary, instructional, popular and classic tiles for adults, young people and children
- Member Services available online for reserving and renewing items at www.umrl.com.au
- Photocopies - black/white (charge)
- Fax Facility - (charge)
- Personal Computers with Microsoft Office - bookings essential
- Free Public Internet Access -bookings essential
- Free Wireless Internet Access - Beechworth & Rutherglen - bookings essential
- Online Databases for members use
- Newspapers - current local newspapers available for use in the library
- Preschool storytelling. - contact local branch for preschool storytime session details
- Home Library Service - for anyone who finds it difficult to visit the library because of age, poor health or disability. Contact local branch for further details.
- Bookclubs - contact local branch for more information.
- Community Language Bulk Loan - local branches don't have books in foreign languages but bulk loans of foreign language material can be arranged through the Sate Library. This is a free service
Branch Library details
Corner Albert Road and Harper Avenue
Beechworth, Vic, 3747
Phone: 03 5728 3092
Wednesday: 3pm - 6pm
Friday: 10am - 12.30pm & 1.30pm - 5.30pm
Saturday: 9.30am - 12pm
Chiltern, Vic, 3683
Phone: 03 5726 1874
Wednesday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
Thursday: 2pm - 5pm
Saturday: 9.30am - 12pm
153 High Street
Rutherglen, Vic, 3685
Phone: 02 6032 8206
Fax: 02 6032 7427
Tuesday - Friday:
9am - 12.30pm and 1pm - 4.30pm
Saturday: 9am - 12pm
Any enquiries can be directed to Regional Headquarters
Phone: 02 6022 9100
Last updated: 26 October 2012