Getting in and around the Shire
Do you need to know more about transport options in the Indigo Shire?
Indigo Shire Council, along with the other Councils in the region, has been involved in the development of the “Getting THERE Network”. The Network will provide access to information for people wanting to investigate local and intercity transport, travel assistance services, travel training services and local resources covering the region.
Everything you need to know about local, regional and interstate transport is now available through the Network in 4 main ways:
- Getting THERE Website: www.gettingthere.net.au (You can click on the "Indigo" link to get local information)
- Email: email@example.com
- Accessing one of the Networks locally based Transport Experts
- Phone the network on 1300 704 530
What sort of transport information is available?
Through the Website or by contacting the Network, people can find out more about:
• Public Transport Services
• Local transport services and timetables
• Journey Planning
• Transport Charter and Hire Services
• Community Transport
• Transport Assistance Services
• “Other Ways to Get There”
For more information feel free to contact the Network on 1300 704 530 or David Koren at Indigo Shire Council on 1300 365 003.
The Community Transport service assists members of the community to access a range of community services and attend appointments. Community Cars are driven by volunteers based in Beechworth, Chiltern, Kiewa/Tangambalanga, and Yackandandah. Indigo North Health provides a car for the Rutherglen area.
For bookings contact:
- Kiewa/Tangambalanga 02 6027 3287
- Yackandandah 02 6027 1220
- Rutherglen 02 6033 6200
For all other bookings and enquiries phone Community Services 1300 365 003
Last updated: 20 June 2013