Moving in and around the Shire
Do you need to know more about transport options in the Indigo Shire?
Indigo Shire Council, along with the other Councils in the region, has been involved in the development of the “Getting THERE Network”. The Network will provide access to information for people wanting to investigate local and intercity transport, travel assistance services, travel training services and local resources covering the region.
Everything you need to know about local, regional and interstate transport is now available through the Network in four main ways:
- Getting THERE Website: www.gettingthere.net.au (You can click on the "Indigo" link to get local information)
- Email: email@example.com
- Accessing one of the Networks locally based Transport Experts
- Phone the network on 1300 704 530
What sort of transport information is available?
Through the Website or by contacting the Network, people can find out more about:
- Public Transport Services
- Local transport services and timetables
- Journey Planning
- Transport Charter and Hire Services
- Community Transport
- Transport Assistance Services
- Other ways to get there
For more information contact the Network on 1300 704 530 or Indigo Shire Council on 1300 365 003.
The Community Transport service assists members of the community to access a range of community services and attend appointments. Community Cars are driven by volunteers based in Beechworth, Kiewa-Tangambalanga and Yackandandah. Indigo North Health provides a car for the Chiltern and Rutherglen areas.
- Kiewa-Tangambalanga, Yackandandah and Beechworth 1300 365 003
- Chiltern and Rutherglen 02 6033 6200
For all other bookings and enquiries phone Community Services on 1300 365 003
Last updated: 07 November 2016