Business and Industry
Council’s priority is encouraging sustainable regional growth. Council provides assistance to businesses and industry that want to invest or expand within Indigo Shire and works closely with local businesses to realise their plans for growth. The Council also helps business and industry achieve their goals by promoting the Shire as the preferred location for investment and enterprise development in North East Victoria.
The Economic Development Unit is able to assist in the following areas:
- Attraction of potential investors to the region through:
- Industrial land availability;
- Site identification;
- Details of existing industries and businesses;
- Business networking opportunities;
- Providing visitor statistics; and
- Permit requirements.
- Provide support to local businesses;
- Provide advice and guidance on funding opportunities;
- Provide guidelines for heritage requirements and business signage; and
- Identifying business opportunities within the Shire.
Last updated: 23 October 2012