Arts & Culture
Arts and Cultural Services coordinate, support and develop opportunities for art and culture initiatives provided by community groups, artists, individuals and Council in the Indigo Shire. In 2006-07 Indigo Shire Council developed an Arts Strategy setting out the Council's vision for developing and encouraging the arts as a vital part of each of the communities in the Shire. The Arts Strategic Plan has been updated for implementation for 2012 - 2016 and will soon be available for comment.
The purpose of the Arts and Culture Advisory
- To assist in promoting, developing and enhancing arts and culture in Indigo Shire
- To provide advice and guidance to Council in respect of issues relating to the development of arts and culture
- To represent and engage with the wider arts community in relation to identifying needs and advising Council about future arts and cultural development as well as supporting current artistic and cultural work
- To recommend to Council projects and activities for funding consideration as part of Council’s budget process
- To include a diverse range of art forms and to work towards engaging a wide range of people of all ages in the development of artistic and cultural endeavors.
Last updated: 05 October 2012